The Community of Sant’Egidio is a non-profit organization which is active in 70 countries that forges bonds with the poorest people in the cities. The Community of Sant'Egidio is a Christian community that is officially recognized by the Catholic Church as a "Church public lay association". It claims 50,000 members in more than 70 countries.
It’s main activities are:
- prayer, centered on a reading of the Bible
- spreading the Gospel to help people who are looking for a sense to their life.
- service to the poor, which is free and unpaid
- commitment to ecumenism (the Community of Sant'Egidio is also ecumenical, though rooted in the Catholic Church)
Sant’Egidio is committed to engage in dialogue between religions and facilitate peaceful resolutions in case of conflicts. They do this on a global scale and rely for their income on sponsorships/gifts and volunteer work. Sant’Egidio asked Brightfox to implement a CRM platform to improve the interaction with these sponsors and volunteers.
Approach & Services
Salesforce.com Foundation has been implemented for Sant’Egidio for gift registration, certificate issuing and the complete follow-up of their marketing actions. Brightfox has assisted Sant’Egidio with the design of Salesforce.com to support their business processes, integration of the Salesforce Foundation in combination with custom development.
Brightfox was responsible for the following:
- Business analysis – capturing business requirements during workshops
- Design of Salesforce.com processes/business model
- Implementation of the Salesforce.com Foundation and customized workflows
- Test coordination and assistance
- Data migration
- Training of the end users
- Salesforce.com Foundation